Training that is focused on the attendee’s learning.
It does not matter who the manufacturer of your ultrasonic equipment is or if you have never seen an ultrasonic detector before, you will still attain the objectives of this course in to the effort and focus that you put into the class. Our trainers are well versed in the operation of various ultrasonic equipment from different manufacturers and are also ultrasonic service providers. The students will learn lessons from the field as well as the principles and procedures of ultrasound. You can bring your ultrasonic detector to the class for the hands on portion of the training. If you don’t have one, ultrasonic detectors are available for your use.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone involved in predictive maintenance or asset reliability optimization should consider taking this course. This includes Millwrights, Electricians, Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Planners, Energy Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, and Reliability Professionals.
Some of the Testimonials We Received:
“We learned a lot from the training. A concept that was complex was explained in simple terms, easy to understand, and with concrete examples.” – B. House, Michelin Canada
“The training is very beneficial. We have a lot of use for this in our facility.” – I. Spittle, Georgia Pacific
“The instructor is 10 out of 10! Very knowledgeable and explains very well.” – J. Thibodeau, Agriu
4-Day Level 1 Ultrasonic Certification Course Curriculum
- Sound Principles
- Theory and Principles of Ultrasound
- Types of Ultrasound and Principles of Applications
- Theory and Principles of Airborne and Structure-borne Ultrasound
- Ultrasonic Detectors
- Ultrasound in Leak Testing Environments
- Leak Testing Methods
- Airborne Ultrasound in Positive Pressure Systems
- Ultrasound in Vacuum Systems
- Ultrasound in Zero Pressure Differential Systems
- Rotating Equipment Operating Principles
- Structure-borne Ultrasound Role in Predictive Maintenance
- Ultrasound in Mechanical Equipment Condition Monitoring
- Methodology of Ultrasonic Testing
- Optimizing Bearing Lubrication with Ultrasound
- Ultrasound in Internal Flow-No Flow Conditions Assessment
- Ultrasound in Electrical Discharge Inspections
- Limitations and Shortfalls of Airborne Ultrasound
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies and Practices: Ultrasound, Vibration,
Infrared, Oil Analysis
- Written and Individual Practical Certification Exam
Hands on inspections as well as detector operation for each of the applications are integrated into the training so students will have a chance to do actual ultrasonic inspections and reinforce the lecture portion of the training.
Trainer: Engr. Liane Harris, M.S. Engineering
Executive Director, Canadian Machinery Vibration Association, Ontario Chapter
Executive Director, Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals, Ontario Chapter
Level 3 Vibration Analyst, Level 2 Ultrasound, Level 1 Infrared Thermographer
The course is delivered by an experienced Level 2 Ultrasound Analyst with over 20 years experience and who is passionate about teaching and sharing the experiences in the field to add greater value to your learning experience.